Whether you’re celebrating Valentine’s or Galentine’s, make sure to do it with something pink and delicious! And by that we mean a glass of Rosé, obviously, but not only.
We’ve got a super easy and oh so pretty cookie recipe: heart-shaped citrus cookies with blood orange icing. In season and naturally pink! It’s the perfect sweet treat to enjoy with your partner or your gals.
They also make for a great gift. Add a bottle of our delicious sparkling rosé La Folie, and you’re good to go!
For the cookies:
- 300g flour
- 50g ground almond
- 100g icing sugar
- 75g unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 20g olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- Zests of 1 organic orange (or blood orange)
- Zests of 1 organic lemon
- 1 tsp of orange juice (or blood orange)
- 1 stp of lemon juice
For the blood orange icing:
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tbsp blood orange juice
Prepare the cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- In a bowl, cream together butter, icing sugar, olive oil, zests and juices (you can use a standmixer fitted with the paddle attachement). Incorporate egg, then flour, ground almonds and salt. Mix until homogeneous.
- Roughly flatten the dough between two sheets of parchment paper and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Dust your work surface with flour. Roll out the dough into 0.5cm thickness. Cut out cookies using a heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place the hearts on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.
Prepare the icing:
- In a bowl, mix icing sugar with blood orange juice until it becomes a paste. You don’t want it too thick. If too thick, add some more juice. If too liquid, thicken it with more icing sugar.
- Once the cookies are cool, spread some icing evenly on top (you can use a toothpick to push the icing to the borders and create a nice heart shape).
- Leave to set for 1 hour. Enjoy!
Tip: we’ve added some edible gold dust to the blood orange icing to create the shimmery orange icing