Pink is the new black, didn’t you know?!
We couldn’t resist making these super cute pink iced cookies for Halloween (or should we say Hallowine…?!).
Too pretty to eat? We think not! Flavoured with pumpkin spice and topped with a delicious, tangy lemon icing, they are the perfect fall treat. They are also super quick and easy to make.
So on your marks, get set… Mira-BOO!
Pink pumpkin spice and lemon icing Halloween cookies
Makes about 30-40 cookies.
For the pumpkin spice cookies:
- 250 g flour
- 100g ground almonds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice mix
- 100 g soft brown sugar
- 125 g butter
- 1 egg
- a pinch of salt
For the icing:
- Icing sugar
- Lemon juice
- Beetroot powder (or pink food colouring)
For the cookies:
- Soften butter and sugar using a spatula or the paddle attachment of your standmixer. Incorporate flour, ground almonds, spices, salt and egg. Mix until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Shape dough into a disk and wrap in parchment paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (340 F).
- Flour lightly your work surface and roll the dough to the desired thickness (usually around 4-5mm). Using cookie cutters, cut out cookies and place on a baking sheet line with parchment paper.
- Bake until golden (12-15 minutes) and let cool on a wire rack.
For the icing:
- In a bowl, mix icing sugar with just a pinch of beetroot power. Incorporate a tiny bit of lemon juice and mix until it becomes a paste. If too thick, add some more juice. If too liquid, thicken it with more icing sugar.
- Once the cookies are cool, use a piping bag to pipe the icing on the cookies. Leave to set for 1 hour, then add the eyes and mouth with some melted dark chocolate (you can use a toothpick for that)
- Leave to set for 1 hour. Enjoy, and happy Hallowine!