Professional chef Mirjam de Wilde demonstrates how to make this delicious dish which is ideal for large dinner parties as it take hardly any time and is SO simple to prepare. And by the way, even though it has 40 cloves of garlic, it’s actually not at all overpowering once they’ve caramelised. In fact it is sublime!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 90 minutes
4 chicken legs
40 cloves of garlic ( don’t peel them!)
6 bay leaves
4 branches of fresh rosemary
A few splashes of white wine
Fresh crushed black pepper
- Preheat the oven on 200 degrees.
- Place the chicken in a nice baking dish together with the white wine and the olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, bay leaves, rosemary and the black olives.
- Cover it with aluminum foil and leave in the oven for at least 1 1/2 hours.
- Take the foil of 15 min before you serve it so the chicken will get brown.
- The garlic will be caramelised and if you crush them you can spread this “confit the l’ail” on your chicken. Absolutely delicious.