You can still find delicious late strawberries in autumn, and we’re making the most of them before they’re gone!
We’ve recently made this super simple strawberry and basil soup. It is one of the quickest desserts we do and it’s so yummy. Don’t hesistate to put a bit more sugar if the strawberries aren’t sweet enough, or a bit less if they’re very sweet.
And if you’ve got leftovers, it’s delicious the next morning with some Greek yoghurt and granola!
Ingredients (serving 4 to 6):
- 750g strawberries
- 120g caster sugar
- 12 cl water
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- Place sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil for about 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Rinse and trim strawberries. Cut 250g into quarters and keep aside.
- Put the remaining 500g in a blender, along with sugar syrup and basil leaves. Blend for 1 minute until smooth. Transfer into a serving bowl and add the rest of the strawberries in quarters.
- Refrigerate for at least a couple of hours.
- Serve with some marzipan biscuits and a glass of rosé!
Tip: you can replace the basil with mint