Autumn is on its way, and here in Provence we are making the most of the last summer fruits and veggies! We hope you also enjoy one of our favourite salads of the moment: watermelon, melon and feta cheese.
Watermelon and feta is a well-known combination nowadays, as it’s refreshing and very tasty. We gave it a provençal twist by adding the melon – ‘cantaloup’ is one of our favourite products from Provence. Try to buy Cavaillon melons, which are sweet and juicy, and grow from May to September. Pomegranate seeds brings a welcome crunchiness and acidity.
This salad is the perfect side-dish to a BBQ, but it can also be served as a light dinner. And of course, it pairs perfectly with a glass of chilled Pure rosé!
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
- Half a small watermelon
- 1 small melon, ripe
- 250 g feta cheese
- Half a pomegranate
- 2 handful of fresh mint leaves
- Olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Peel watermelon and melon and cut into cubes (removing seeds where you can).
- Cut feta cheese into small cubes, then combine watermelon, melon and feta in a large bowl.
- Drizzle over a little olive oil and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with sea salt flakes and black pepper.
- Add fresh mint roughly cut and pomegranate seeds.
- Keep refrigerated until serving!
Tip: if you’re preparing this salad in advance, wait until the last moment to add the mint so the leaves stay green and fresh.